Welcome to College Guidance! Our goal at Palmetto Christian Academy is to help our students find the best fit for higher education. Whether they are scientists, authors, theologians, athletes or mathematicians, the Lord has prepared a perfect place for them. As they mature, we intentionally lead our students toward discerning that place.
Most colleges and universities require SAT or ACT test scores for admission.
The SAT is offered seven times each year – October, November, December, January, March, May and June. Register for the SAT at http://www.collegeboard.org/.
The ACT is offered six times each year – September, October, December, February, April and June. Most colleges require that applicants take the optional Writing section of the ACT at least once (ACT Plus Writing). Register for the ACT at http://www.actstudent.org/.
When you register:
- Use your name as it appears on your birth certificate.
- Include PCA's High School Code: 411443.
- Identify the colleges to which you would like your scores sent. At the time of registration, SAT and ACT both allow you to send scores free to 4 different recipients. Additional score reports require a fee. ACT college codes are found at http://www.actstudent.org/scores/scodes/. SAT college codes are found at http://sat.collegeboard.org/register/sat-code-search.
College Focus is a class designed to prepare our students' hearts, souls, minds, and strengths for college. Taken in the 11th grade, students focus on preparing academically, socially, and spiritually for college.
- SAT Preparation
- ACT Preparation
- Financial Peace Personal Finance
- College Research
- Career, Personality, Interest, and Spiritual Gift Assessments
- Campus Ministry Speakers
- Campus Visits to Local and Regional Colleges
- College Representative Visits
- College File Preparation—Common Application, essays, scholarships, college admission requirements, recommendations
- Attributes of God Study
Our College Bus Tour will be held on March 9-10, 2017. These campus visits will expose students to a wide variety of colleges — large and small, public and independent, professional and liberal arts, urban and rural, Christian and secular.
Scholarship and Grant Information from the Administration of South Carolina Higher Education
Scholarship Brochure (SC Lottery Scholarship)
20 hours of community service are required by all high school students each school year.
"Every student is made in a wonderful and unique way and our job is to prepare them to fulfill their individual calling to the glory of God. With that in mind, we approach all academics and co-curricular activities as a means to train our students in Christian character and skill sets. Our objective is to offer enrichment in academics, athletics, spiritual training, leadership and fine arts that allows students the opportunity to explore new territory and listen for God’s calling. We know that God has prepared a perfect place for each of our graduates, so we advocate for the best fit in college and post-high school training for each student."