PCA Part-time Student Policy (2018-2019)
PCA will offer students in grades 6 - 12 the opportunity to attend PCA as a part-time student by taking between one to four courses at a lower tuition than a full-time student. In addition, any student who takes four core courses (math, English, science, history, computer, Spanish, or fine arts) will be eligible to participate in any PCA sponsored (SCISA) athletic team. Please contact our Director of Admissions, Lisa Shimakonis, at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The following requirements apply:
- Students must meet the enrollment requirements of full-time students if space available in the desired course. Priority is given to full-time PCA students.
- PCA guidance services for part-time students are limited to the courses in which they are enrolled.
- Students must satisfy the course requirements as stated in the course description. Upon successful completion of the course(s) taken they will receive a transcript reflecting grade and credit.
- Students are expected to comply with dress code and school policies while attending PCA.
- Students enrolled as part-time are not considered part of the full-time student body and will not receive a diploma from PCA.
- To graduate from PCA a student must be enrolled as a full-time student during their senior year with no less than five on-site core courses or approved electives.
Core courses include math, English, science, history, computer, Spanish or fine arts.